2009年5月7日 星期四

Weblog Article#4: Does Facebook Replace Face Time or Enhance It?

Name: Wendy Cheng (49712053)
Date: 05/08/2009

My Reactions:
There is no doubt that in the age of information and communication, the computer plays an extremely important role. Take myself as an example; I use the computer not only for schoolwork but also for interpersonal relationship. I check up my e-mail, use MSN to chat with my friends who live in different places, and reply to my friends’ weblog every day. These things are indispensible actions in my daily life.

According to the article, Lisa describes that her friendship has totally changed since the advent of Facebook. The article tells many aspects of Facebook; in addition, Lisa seems skeptical about whether the influence of those social-networking websites is good or bad. However, she considers that advantages of Facebook are more than its disadvantages owing to her friend’s as well as her own experience. There are still some issues which need to be discussed.

As far as I am concerned, I prefer contacting or communicating people face to face than socializing on the Internet. Although online interaction is convenient for people and unlimited by geography, it lacks true emotion because it is the virtual contact. I keep wonder the same questions which worries Lisa: If for some reason social-networking websites suddenly disappeared, would people revert to phone calls or visits, or would they lose touch? I think people who live in the modern world rely on the Internet too much so that they lose some ability to communicate with others. Though I always take advantage of the Internet and computer, I think I should use them carefully and properly. Therefore, the correct answer to the title of the article may be controversial; it depends on people’s own opinions. (278 words)

沒有留言: